Alexa is capable of much more than you imagine: this is what you can do with Amazon's assistant and its voice commands.
If you have a smart speaker at home, or any other device compatible with the Amazon Alexa virtual assistant, get acquainted with the voice commands What you can tell the wizard may be a good idea.
There are dozens of commands, tricks and functions with which you can take advantage of the Amazon assistant, and the possibilities multiply when we talk about the or Alexa skills.
Therefore, in this article we are going to select the best routines, tricks and voice commands for Alexa, which is always good to have on hand to get the most out of the platform.
Index of contents:
Best Alexa Commands and Tricks
Like the vast majority of virtual assistants, the list of commands and tricks for Alexa it is constantly expanding.
Almost every month, Amazon announces the arrival of new services and compatible devices, or of new actions that the assistant is able to carry out. Therefore, this list will be frequently updated so you can find the latest commands available.
Commands for getting information
If all you need is consult any type of information, from the most basic, such as time, or something more complex such as the date of birth of the third president of the Government of Spain, you can do it thanks to the commands to get information from Alexa. These are some of the most useful:
- Alexa, what is the weather like?
- Alexa, how long does it take to get to Madrid?
- Alexa, who is the founder of Amazon?
- Alexa, what is the capital of Switzerland?
- Alexa, is it going to rain on Wednesday?
- Alexa, how is the traffic to Barcelona?
- Alexa, what is the definition of ephemeral?
- Alexa, when does Atlético de Madrid play?
- Alexa, what is the hours of the closest gas station?
- Alexa, what is the best Italian restaurant near me?
- Alexa, what time is it in Tokyo?
- Alexa, what is the square root of 361?
- Alexa, how much is $ 129 in euros?
- Alexa, what is the last album of the group Twenty One Pilots?
Alert and reminder commands
Alexa can also help you organize your day to day thanks to the commands to create alerts, reminders or add events to your calendar. This is what you need to do:
- Alexa, what is my next date?
- Alexa, what's on my calendar today?
- Alexa, when is my next meeting?
- Alexa, wake me up at 7 in the morning.
- Alexa, set a 50 second timer.
- Alexa, remind me to water the plants.
- Alexa, add an event to my calendar.
Commands for creating or querying lists
You just remembered that product that you need to buy so urgently, but you don't have your mobile handy to put it on your shopping list. Lucky for you Alexa can create lists that you can later manage or consult, either with voice commands or with the Alexa mobile app.
- Alexa, add rice to the shopping list.
- Alexa, what's on my shopping list?.
- Alexa, add “Smart TV” to my gift list.
With an Amazon Echo smart speaker, it's so much easier keep up-to-date with current events and the latest news. You just need to use one of these commands:
- Alexa, tell me today's news.
- Alexa, what happened yesterday?
- Alexa, update me on sports.
Commands on culture and languages
We have already seen how to request information from Alexa on various topics. If what you want is further expand your knowledge, you can use one of the culture or language voice commands. You can even translate words or phrases using the wizard.
- Alexa, how do you say speaker in French?
- Alexa, translate the phrase “My dog doesn't want to go outside” into German.
- Alexa, what is the opposite of prone?
- Alexa, who was Nikola Tesla?
- Alexa, who discovered the Pi number
- Alexa, what year did the French Revolution end?
- Alexa, what is the longest river in the world?
- Alexa, what time is night in London?
- Alexa, what rhymes with light?
Commands to buy products
Alexa can also buy things for you. Thanks to the integration with Amazon, you can ask the Assistant to add products to your shopping cart, or even that make purchases, only using your voice.
- Alexa, when does my order arrive?
- Alexa, add a Google Pixel 4 to my cart
- Alexa, buy shaving cream
Commands for listening to music
You can too listen to and control your favorite music, radio shows or podcasts using your speaker or device with Amazon Alexa.
- Alexa, put on rock music
- Alexa, play my favorite music list.
- Alexa, put on the last chapter of the Connecting podcast.
- Alexa, put on music to study.
- Alexa, what song is playing?
- Alexa, put the radio on.
- Alexa, turn up / down the volume.
- Alexa, put on Chlorine from Twenty One Pilots.
Commands to control other devices
If you have a connected home, Alexa can help you control the rest of your devices once you have paired them with the wizard. All you need is to use one of these commands:
- Alexa, turn on the bedroom lights.
- Alexa, turn off the office plug.
- Alexa, set the living room lights to 30%.
- Alexa, change the temperature to 22 degrees.
Other commands for Alexa
In addition to the above, there are many other commands for Alexa that may be useful to you. We review some of them below.
- Alexa, stop.
- Alexa, hush.
- Alexa, turn the volume to maximum.
- Alexa, turn the volume down / up.
- Alexa, delete everything I've told you today.
- Alexa, speak lower.
- Alexa, read my notifications
- Alexa, roll a dice.
- Alexa, heads or tails?
The best routines for Alexa
Apart from the commands, Alexa also offers you the possibility of set up routines or .
These types of additions are commonly described as “apps” for the assistant, since once activated, allow extend the functionality of Alexa through various actions.
For example, you can activate skills to find the best Amazon deals, to receive much more detailed information about the weather, to receive recipes that you might like or for anything else you can imagine.
In order to activate an Alexa skill, all you need is go to the Skills and games section of the Alexa app and review the catalog of routines available. When you find one that interests you, you just have to access it and touch on “Activate”.
Some Most useful Alexa skills that you can use on your Echo speaker or any other device compatible with the assistant, are the following:
- Akinator skill: .
- Phrase of the day:
- My Submissions:
- Chained words:
- Iberia Plus:
- Trivial Pursuit: .
- Renfe AVE information: .
- Repeat the phrase:
- English with Oxford:
- Ambient Sounds: Rain:
33 funny commands to say to Alexa
Alexa, like the rest of virtual assistants, also has sense of humor, which comes to light every time we use one of the funny wizard commands. Here are some funny things you can say to Alexa:
- Alexa, tell me a joke
- Alexa, sing a song.
- Alexa, Winter is Coming.
- Alexa, can you rap?
- Alexa, meow
- Alexa, rap
- Alexa, bark
- Alexa, can you speak Klingon?
- Alexa, are you Skynet?
- Alexa, take me to your leader.
- Alexa, scare me.
- Alexa, surprise me.
- Alexa, make me laugh.
- Alexa, how old are you?
- Alexa, knock on the door.
- Alexa, sing Baby Shark.
- Alexa, make me a sandwich
- Alexa, where's Wally?
- Alexa, what came before, the chicken or the egg?
- Alexa, do you want to marry me?
- Alexa i love you
- Alexa, do you want to be my friend?
- Alexa, can you give me money?
- Alexa, how much do you weigh?
- Alexa, do you have pets?
- Alexa, talk like Yoda.
- Alexa, my name is Íñigo Montoya
- Alexa, Ok Google.
- Alexa, who is Chuck Norris?
- Alexa, supercalifragilisticoexpialido
- Alexa, testing, testing
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, red or blue pill?
Related topics: Amazon, Virtual assistants, Technology
This article suggests in a way objective and independent products and services that may be of interest to readers. When the user makes a purchase through the specific links that appear in this news, receives a commission.