Can you get the DNI 4.0 for free? Check if you qualify for it.
The DNI 4.0 is the new generation of national identification document that Spanish citizens will begin to use from the summer of 2021. We already know when it will be available, and everything indicates that it will be a great step forward in the way of identifying themselves, thanks to the possibility of carry the card on your mobile thanks to an app.
Although not many details have been offered yet on what the DNI 4.0 distribution process among Spanish citizens, we do know that you will have to pay to get it, in the same way that it was necessary to pay to obtain the previous version. However, there are some specific cases in which it will be possible to obtain the DNI 4.0 for free if we stick to current regulations.
Who can get the DNI 4.0 for free?
In general, the renewal or issuance of the DNI involves the payment of a fee of 12 euros, which must be paid whatever the cause of the renewal – expiration, loss, theft, advance or deterioration.
Nevertheless, members of a large family with a valid title They do not have to pay the DNI renewal fees, and therefore, it is to be expected that they do not have to pay to obtain the DNI 4.0.
Specifically, people who can receive the DNI 4.0 for free will be those whose family nuclei meet one of these characteristics:
- 1 or 2 ancestors with 3 or more children (whether or not they are common).
- 1 or 2 ancestors with 2 children, provided that 1 of them is disabled or unable to work.
- 2 ancestors and 2 children (whether or not they are common), provided that 2 ancestors are disabled or unable to work, or 1 of them had a degree of disability equal to or greater than 65%.
- The separated or divorced father or mother, with three or more children, whether or not they are common, even if they are in different units, provided that they are under their economic dependence, even if they do not live in the marital home.
- Two or more orphaned siblings with a father and a mother subject to guardianship, foster care or guardianship who live with the guardian, host or guardian, but are not at their expense.
- Three or more orphaned siblings of a father and mother, over 18 years of age, or two if one of them is disabled, who live together and are financially dependent on each other.
- The father or mother with two children, when the other parent has died.
If the requirements are met, in order to obtain the DNI 4.0 it will be necessary to ensure the expiration date of the document, and see if this is after August 2021 –When the new types of electronic DNI are scheduled to begin to be issued–.
If so, it will be necessary make an appointment via the website of the National Police, and finally attend in person to a dispatch office with the necessary documentation.
Related topics: Technology
us on Instagram @ andro4allcom
Join our Telegram channel @ andro4all