The WhatsApp Web multi-device will free you from your mobile
Finally! One of the functions that WhatsApp users have requested the most is available, we are talking about being able to use WhatsApp on the computer without having to be tied to the mobile. A function that other instant messaging apps such as Telegram have already had for a long time, and that It seemed even a bit absurd that the most popular messaging app in the world did not have it.
The new WhatsApp multi-device function is already among us, and it has come with important features, since it is not just about using WhatsApp Web without the mobile, but now you can open simultaneous transfer on 4 different devices. And even though came with some limitations and at the moment it is only available for beta users of WhatsApp, there is no doubt that it is a function worth trying, so here we will explain how to use WhatsApp Web with the mobile off or without Internet.
How the WhatsApp multi-device works
Basically what WhatsApp has done is allow to keep the assignment open on 4 different devices without having to have the mobile connected to the Internet. Undoubtedly, this new version brings two important benefits for WhatsApp users, the first is that previously, you could only open WhatsApp Web on a computer or browser, since if you tried to open a second assignment, the first one closed automatically, and now do not.
The second benefit, and perhaps the most important, is that you do not depend on your mobile to be able to use WhatsApp, you only need it to scan the QR code to login the first time and that's it, you can turn off your mobile or remove the Internet and your WhatsApp will continue to work without problems.
Limitations of WhatsApp on multi-devices
As we said earlier, the multi-device feature of WhatsApp has some limitations that you should know before you start using it. Also, you must understand that it is a function that is in a trial period, so some things may not work quite right.
- You cannot send messages or call contacts who use a very outdated version of WhatsApp on their mobiles from a paired device.
- WhatsApp Business users cannot edit their company name or labels from WhatsApp Web or Desktop.
- You cannot pin chats on WhatsApp Web or Desktop.
- If you don't use WhatsApp for more than 14 days, all paired devices will automatically be disconnected
- You cannot view or restore group invitations or join them from WhatsApp Web or Desktop. To do so, you must use your mobile.
- You cannot call from WhatsApp Web or Desktop to linked devices that do not use the beta version for multiple devices.
- You can't see real-time location on paired devices.
How to use WhatsApp on your computer without connecting to your mobile
Although this feature will eventually be available to all WhatsApp users, the only way to use it for now is by being part of the WhatsApp beta program. To activate it you must do the ing:
- Enter WhatsApp from your mobile
- Press on the 3 points from the top right
- Select option Linked devices
- There you will get the option to link a device, but below, you will have a text where it explains a little about the beta version for several devices, click on this text
- Now you will see a better explanation about this new function, and below you will see a button that says Join the beta version, press it
- Now you belong to this version and all you have to do is link your device in the previous window, just like you did before
Once you have done these simple steps, you are you can forget that your mobile has Internet. If at any time you want to stop using this function, you just have to go to Linked devices and click on Beta version for devices and then Exit the beta version.
Related topics: WhatsApp, WhatsApp Web