We show you the different ways you can use to personalize your Xiaomi mobile.
The custom layer of MIUI that comes in the mobiles of Xiaomi allows us to change the appearance of practically any element of our screen without complications. The latest update to MIUI 12 has brought many news and changes in the visual aspect.
Among the things that gives us the freedom to modify the layer MIUI they find each other folders and icons, in the application we can find infinity of these, in addition to being able to install icon packs from the store .
The advantage of having MIUI is that we can create different folders to group apps and install icon packs no need to download a third-party launcher.
Rename folders or create a new one
As we have already mentioned, the customization layer of MIUI allows us to change the visual aspect of our mobile desktop.
To customize it to our liking, we can rename folders found on the desktop or create new in which to group different applications.
If you wish rename an already created folder, what you have to do is:
- Touch on the binder to open it.
- Press on current name.
- Enter the new name and press on .
- Tap on a free area of the desktop to finish.
For create a new folder what you should do is drag the icon of an application over the icon of another that you want to group, by doing this immediately a folder will be created that will contain the icons of all the applications you want to group. What you should do next is place a man following the same steps that we have mentioned before.
How to change an icon in MIUI
There are several ways to customize the icons in MIUI.
The safest way to do this is by using the that comes already installed and that being MIUI’s own it works safely and agilely.
For change icons from the app you must follow these steps:
- Open the app and choose one that you like.
- Once the theme is downloaded, you can choose to use the full theme or just the icons.
- To use only the icons, touch the lower right icon of .
- Go and choose the ones that correspond to the theme you downloaded earlier.
The new icons for the theme you chose to download will now be available on your desktop.
How to apply an icon pack without installing a launcher
It is also possible to install icon packs at MIUI launcher that the mobiles of Xiaomi come installed by default.
To do this we will need the help of an application that lets us modify installed themes.
One of the applications that we can find in Google Play is Theme Editor for MIUI
With this application you can edit the themes already installed in MIUI without using another launcher.
You can not only modify the appearance of the icons but also the wallpapers and fonts.
- First of all, it is necessary that you have downloaded the icons from the application .
- Once the theme is downloaded, open the application .
- Click on and select the downloaded theme.
- After having chosen the topic, click on the button to make changes to the selected theme.
- Then press and later .
- From option select the pack you want to modify and tap on the option .
- So that all the icons of the theme can be overwritten with the new ones, you must uncheck the option In this way, the changes will be applied even to icons of not installed applications.
- Press the button to return to the initial menu of the application .
- Then click on and then about . The app will create a copy of the pack icons for your chosen theme.
- Press so that the modified theme is installed on the mobile.
- Go back to the app by MIUI and apply the new theme with the modified icons.
There is a possibility that after a while your modified theme will be uninstalled, this is because Xiaomi does not allow to apply third party themes. In this case you have two options: reapply the theme with the modified icons or register as a designer with your Xiaomi account, which will enable you to use third-party themes.
Customize your icons from a third-party launcher
Finally, you can also choose to change the icons by applying a third-party launcher, although it is not the most recommended option, since these types of applications have access to all the information on your phone.
You can choose any of the launchers available to download from the Google Play store and then, from there, customize the entire appearance of your mobile screen, applying icon packs and modifying the appearance of the background and fonts.
We have already shown you the options available for change the name of a folder or an icon in MIUI.
Now you just have to choose the theme you like the most and start customizing it.
Would you like to know how to improve the sound of your Xiaomi in a few seconds? Don’t miss our guide to learn how to do it!